The job of a certified nursing assistant needs great attention and carries important responsibilities on their shoulders. For a CNA certification job, it is mandatory to possess a nursing aide certification, thereby passing the CNA certification exam from any of the renowned university.
There are various medical institutes that provide free CNA programs for those individuals who are interested in this field but cannot afford it. The importance of CNA training lies in strengthening the skills in order to take care of the patients in an effective manner. Remember that being a nursing assistant, you have to be very careful and a single mistake can lead to termination of your job. The factors that can lead to termination of the job are as follows:
- Neglect your responsibilities- As a CNA; you need to be attentive to details. But if you are neglecting your job responsibilities, then strict action would be taken against you and you can even lose your job.
- Drunk on duty- If any of the employees is found to be in the state of drunk on duty, then they are immediately fired, as per the norms and policy of the organization.
- Use of abusive languages- If any complains of using abusive language with the patients or any staff members come, then the person can lose their job on the spot.
- Ignore the calls- A CNA is also responsible for attending the telephone calls and make the appointments. If they do not pick the call or ignore the calls, then also it can lead them to trouble.
- Providing wrong drug- If any of the nursing staff is found giving wrong medicines or a drug to the patient, then on spot termination is for sure.
Keep the above points in mind before going for a career as a certified nursing assistant.